Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fleece Outfits Out and About and a Happy Mistake

Stroll Through the Park



Ansley's new jacket and pants were perfect for our recent trip to Chicago and winter (which is like FOREVER here). I used two remnants, though I was tricked by the sign on the remnant bin which said remnants were 50% off. It turns out they're 50% off the original price, not 50% off the price on the tag.

Anyway, I traced a pair of pants that fit her. I was guided by these tutorials. I made a blue pair and a purple pair. The purple remnant I bought was already serged on the side. Unfortunately I had to unpick part of it b/c I needed the material for the pants.

I was able to keep the serged edge for my sleeves. The jacket started out as a tunic length shirt (I traced a shirt that fit her) but it was too hard for my squirmy girl to get into and out of comfortably so I cut the front open and finished the edges. I added a button and elastic hook closure the next day. I love it! I think it turned out better than I planned. I also used contrasting pink thread for all of her new clothes, mostly b/c I was too lazy to change the thread and bobbin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile isn't enabled (ie if your comments are posted from, please leave your email address in your comment.