Thursday, March 3, 2011

Skirt Refashion

Photobucket

I got this knit skirt from my piano students' mom. I cut it at my knee length. I divided the bottom part of the skirt into thirds and cut them, trimming the seams around the back slit (for "walking"- guess I take really large steps!) and the bottom hem. I sewed all of the pieces into one long strip, basted the top and gathered. After debating whether to sew it on the outside or the inside of the skirt, I sewed it on the outside with a zig zag stitch. The final step was rotating it (it was pretty much the same in the front and back) so the original back seam isn't directly in the middle of the back. I don't need any attention there. ha.

Love the collage? I just learned how via this awesome blog.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see this on! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how !! very good ! I like it !!
    And thank you for your visit !
    Nadège
    http://prunillefee.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile isn't enabled (ie if your comments are posted from no-reply@blogger.com), please leave your email address in your comment.