Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Best Pizza We've Ever Had!

Yes, it's THAT good.

Photobucket

Recipe from my lovely friend, Michelle.

2 tbsp butter
1 cup hot water
1 tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour

I heated the water in a pyrex measuring cup (the kind that holds 2 1/2 cups or so).

I added a little bit to a separate large bowl.

When the water was warm (and not hot) I added the yeast and sugar. Let the yeast activate (I skipped this the first time and had flat crust but I was seriously missing out on fluffier yet substantial crust). It will get nice and frothy looking on the top.

I added the butter and salt to the measuring cup with the remainder of the hot water.

Mix water/butter/salt mixture, yeast/sugar mixture with flour. Stir really well. Then knead well and roll it out.

Top your pizza. I sprinkled oregano, basil, parsley, and salt on my crust, added about 5 oz tomato sauce (a little more than half of a little can), and fancy pepperoni- the kind that is in a big stick. Tyrone did a great job cutting it for me. It is also the cutest thing to hear Ansley say four syllabled words like "pepperoni" and "quesadilla."

Photobucket

Bake at 425F for 9-15 minutes, depending on toppings. It took about 14 or 15 minutes for ours. I like to err on the side of being a little bit underbaked b/c when I reheat it in the oven the next day, it isn't too done. (Yes, I do like my cookies a minute underdone and soft in the centers and my bananas with no spots of brown and the tiniest bit of green left near the stems).

I can't stop thinking about this pizza and scheming up toppings like California Pizza Kitchen's Thai Peanut Pizza or BLT pizza or Ian's Mac and Cheese Pizza. . . .

1 comment:

  1. dang its really that good? i might have to do this then, my man would really appreciate me making him a pizza. :) thanks for posting it!

    thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile isn't enabled (ie if your comments are posted from no-reply@blogger.com), please leave your email address in your comment.