Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Classic Macaroni and Beef

Photobucket

(pictured with turkey. The verdict- I don't like it as much with turkey)

Submitted By: Maxine Neuhauser
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes

Ready In: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4

"I found this recipe 30 years ago on a can label. My family loved it, and I later found I always received compliments when I took the dish to potluck suppers. Since it's so easy to put together, it makes a real time-saver for a busy housewife or working mother."

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used less)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
In a skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding additional water if needed.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com


1 comment:

  1. That looks really yummy. I might have to try making it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile isn't enabled (ie if your comments are posted from no-reply@blogger.com), please leave your email address in your comment.